A child born today will have to work until they are 77 before they become eligible for a state pension.
Scotland Tonight discussed the pensions time bomb.
The programme featured Age Scotland's Callum Chomczuk; and businesswoman and recent candidate on TV's The Apprentice Laura Hogg, student Jamie Moore and the independent financial adviser Alan Mackie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- How much of a problem is rowdy behaviour at football matches?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?