A child born today will have to work until they are 77 before they become eligible for a state pension.
Scotland Tonight discussed the pensions time bomb.
The programme featured Age Scotland's Callum Chomczuk; and businesswoman and recent candidate on TV's The Apprentice Laura Hogg, student Jamie Moore and the independent financial adviser Alan Mackie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- What would impact of independence be for pensions and savings?
- How will Kirk's decision to allow gay ministers affect the church?
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore clash in independence debate
- Analysis: Who won the Scotland Tonight debate on independence?