More than 30 firefighters tackled a large blaze at a recycling plant in Dundee.
Tayside Fire and Rescue Service was called to the city's incinerator at Baldovie Industrial Estate.
The plant, which is run by Dundee Energy Recycling Limited (DERL) in Forties Road, deals with all of the city's refuse.
The blaze broke out at 4.52am on Wednesday. Seven appliances were at the scene and the fire was put out at 7.30am.
No injuries were reported and the building was not thought to be occupied when the fire broke out.
It is understood the fire spread to a ducting system and has caused severe damage.
Tayside Fire and Rescue said that an investigation would be carried out.
People who read this story also read
- Three people cut from wreckage by emergency services after road collision
- Prison officer found naked in bed with escaped convict is jailed
- 16-year-old boy disappears from home prompting police appeal
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car on country road in Aberdeenshire
- Fire damaged energy plant to remain closed for several weeks