Outline proposals for 1500 new homes on the outskirts of Aberdeen have been submitted to Aberdeen City Council.
The plans for land at Loirston and Charleston in Cove include 11 hectares of employment land, a new neighbourhood centre and a primary school close to the site of Aberdeen FC’s new stadium at Loirston Loch.
The applicants Hermiston Security have submitted a proposal of application with the local authority.
They intend to hold a public consultation at the Thistle Hotel in Altens in June.
The earliest a planning application can be submitted is July 31.
In March 2011, councillors gave the go-ahead to Aberdeen’s new £38m stadium, which will be capable of seating about 22,000 fans.
People who read this story also read
- Prison officer found naked in bed with escaped convict is jailed
- Family's tribute to 18-year-old who died after car crashed into tree
- Oil and gas company announces 500 new jobs in north east of Scotland
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car on country road in Aberdeenshire
- Teenager jailed after supplying ecstasy tablet which killed his friend