A teenager who died in hospital after a crash involving a car and a van has been named by police.
Conor Donald, 18, was driving a red car when the collision happened on the Beach Esplanade, which runs by the North Sea in Aberdeen, at 7.45am on Saturday.
Grampian Police said the teenager, from the Newmacher area, was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where he later died of his injuries.
A man driving the red van suffered minor injuries, the force said.
The road was closed for four hours while an investigation was carried out.
People who read this story also read
- Woman’s body found in remains of terraced house where fire broke out
- Man, 23, is sexually assaulted in playground of primary school
- Two dead after microlight plane crashes at summit of mountain range
- Woman and three children injured after 'serious' crash between car and van
- Tributes paid to pair killed in mountain summit microflight aircraft crash