Snow and ice is continuing to affect roads and schools across the north-east.
Following sub-zero temperatures overnight police and roads officials are warning of “hazardous conditions” on some of the regions road on Thursday.
Traffic Scotland was warning motorists of snow and ice on all routes in the Grampian area.
A spokesman said: “Drivers are advised to use caution due snow and ice currently affecting driving conditions on many roads throughout the region. Delays can be expected.”
The A97 Aberchirder-Banff road was affected by heavy snow leading to “hazardous driving conditions”, the B974 Banchory-Fettercairn was closed due to snow and the A93 Glenshee-Braemar road was affected by ice.
Commuters were also subjected to lengthy tailbacks on the A90 after early morning accidents.
Emergency services were called to the three-vehicle crash on the northbound carriageway close to the Portlethen slip road. The smash involved a red Mini Cooper, a Blue Passat car and a third vehicle.
It happened at around 7.15am with the driver of the Mini Cooper was taken by ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
North of Aberdeen on the A90 traffic was delayed at Balmedie after a grey Fiat Punto and a black Skoda Superb collided at around 6.25am. One person was taken to hospital.
In Aberdeenshire two schools at Strathdon and Towie were shut while Ellon Primary closed to nursery pupils. A further 50 schools have had to change or cancel their transport arrangements for pupils. In Aberdeen transport to developmental nurseries was cancelled.
Aberdeen Airport, which had suffered delays due to conditions on Wednesday, said things were "moving well".
In Braemar temperatures are predicted to dip to -3C by Thursday evening while Huntly will fall to -2C. The mercury in Aberdeen is poised to dip to 0C and in Fraserburgh it will fall to 1C.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to email@example.com or call us on 0141 300 3264.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Weather
- Storm warning amid forecasts of high winds and plunging temperatures
- Weather and flood warnings issued as heavy rain forecast for Scotland
- Commonwealth Games spectators make the most of Glasgow heatwave
- Scotland swelters in summer sun as temperatures soar past 27C
- Pollution warning as 2014 set to be Scotland's second warmest year
- Scotland records UK's hottest day of 2014 as temperatures top 26C
- Scotland sizzles like Ibiza in warmest day of the year at 26C
People who read this story also read
- Driver cut free from wreckage of car after colliding with police vehicle
- Woman killed after car collided with van on A96 named by police
- Highland roads see up to nine inches of snow cover as winter bites
- Treacherous roads warning as plummeting temperatures hit Scotland
- Grampian area sees 77 road accidents over weekend as snow falls