A driver has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A90 Dundee to Aberdeen road.
Emergency services were called to the three-vehicle crash on the northbound carriageway close to the Portlethen slip road.
The smash involved a red Mini Cooper, a Blue Passat car and a third vehicle at around 7.15am. The accident caused long tailbacks.
The driver of the Mini was taken by ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Motorists were advised to seek an alternative route if possible.
Grampian Police appealed for any witnesses to contact the force.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01382 591016.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
More About Weather
- Glasgow flight diverted to Manchester after two aborted landings
- Storm with gales of up to 142mph hits Scotland causing major disruption
- Engineers work to restore power to 100,000 homes across Scotland
- Nineteen flood warnings issued as storm surge hits east coast
- Lorry driver killed after HGV blows onto cars in high winds
- Weather watch: Roads and services affected by downpour and high winds
- Severe gales and snow to hit Scotland causing travel disruption
People who read this story also read
- Driver cut free from wreckage of car after colliding with police vehicle
- Roads and schools still affected by snow and sub zero temperatures
- Treacherous roads warning as plummeting temperatures hit Scotland
- Kerb crawlers caught picking up prostitutes face driving ban
- Missing 16-year-old Aberdeen man found safe and well