A driver has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A90 Dundee to Aberdeen road.
Emergency services were called to the three-vehicle crash on the northbound carriageway close to the Portlethen slip road.
The smash involved a red Mini Cooper, a Blue Passat car and a third vehicle at around 7.15am. The accident caused long tailbacks.
The driver of the Mini was taken by ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Motorists were advised to seek an alternative route if possible.
Grampian Police appealed for any witnesses to contact the force.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01382 591016.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
More About Weather
- Winds up to 105mph batter parts of Scotland in wake of hurricane
- Travel warning as severe winds and rain continue to lash Scotland
- Ferry disruption amid high winds as weather takes turn for worse
- Storm warning amid forecasts of high winds and plunging temperatures
- Weather and flood warnings issued as heavy rain forecast for Scotland
- Commonwealth Games spectators make the most of Glasgow heatwave
- Scotland swelters in summer sun as temperatures soar past 27C
People who read this story also read
- Driver cut free from wreckage of car after colliding with police vehicle
- Roads and schools still affected by snow and sub zero temperatures
- Treacherous roads warning as plummeting temperatures hit Scotland
- Kerb crawlers caught picking up prostitutes face driving ban
- Missing 16-year-old Aberdeen man found safe and well