Thousands of winter sports enthusiasts have flocked to Scotland's mountain resorts after early snowfall saw two of the five centres open for business at the weekend.
After a disappointing season last year the centres have been able to open up to ten days earlier and are hoping that will signal the start of a good season.
Both the Lecht and Cairngorm centres have been able to open slopes.
James McIntosh, of the Lecht Ski Centre, said: “Looking at my own weather forecasts, we’re going to get a blizzard on Tuesday and some on Monday night.
“If we keep getting topped up that will improve things because now we have that packed down we have a base to work on.”
The met office is warning more cold weather is to come with a yellow warning of snow for the whole country on Monday with as much as half a foot of snow falling over higher ground.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to email@example.com or call us on 01224 848918.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Weather
- Wet and windy summer may proves to be 'belter' for renewable energy
- Bookmakers say July may be wettest ever but forecasters less certain
- Public events cancelled as high winds and rain sweep Scotland
- Weather warnings as 'unseasonably windy spell' hits Scotland
- Snow and winds up to 80mph set to batter Scotland as warnings issued
- Weather warning issued for snow and ice across all of Scotland
- Woman found unconscious in forest during blizzard by hero search dog
People who read this story also read
- Grampian area sees 77 road accidents over weekend as snow falls
- Heavy snowfalls to continue this week as drivers warned to take care
- Heroin worth £8000 found by police in Aberdeenshire town
- Scot who is Australia's oldest person at 111 says knitting is the secret
- Snow in Scotland: Live coverage and updates from official sources