Thousands of winter sports enthusiasts have flocked to Scotland's mountain resorts after early snowfall saw two of the five centres open for business at the weekend.
After a disappointing season last year the centres have been able to open up to ten days earlier and are hoping that will signal the start of a good season.
Both the Lecht and Cairngorm centres have been able to open slopes.
James McIntosh, of the Lecht Ski Centre, said: “Looking at my own weather forecasts, we’re going to get a blizzard on Tuesday and some on Monday night.
“If we keep getting topped up that will improve things because now we have that packed down we have a base to work on.”
The met office is warning more cold weather is to come with a yellow warning of snow for the whole country on Monday with as much as half a foot of snow falling over higher ground.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01224 848918.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
More About Weather
- Commonwealth Games spectators make the most of Glasgow heatwave
- Scotland swelters in summer sun as temperatures soar past 27C
- Pollution warning as 2014 set to be Scotland's second warmest year
- Scotland records UK's hottest day of 2014 as temperatures top 26C
- Scotland sizzles like Ibiza in warmest day of the year at 26C
- Aviemore swelters at 23C as it enjoys Scotland's hottest day of year
- Heavy snow and high winds bring 'hazardous' driving conditions
People who read this story also read
- Heavy snowfalls to continue this week as drivers warned to take care
- Grampian area sees 77 road accidents over weekend as snow falls
- Woman cut free from wreckage of car following crash on rural road
- Tesco in Supreme Court fight over rival Morrisons' Aberdeen store
- Snow in Scotland: Live coverage and updates from official sources