The former US president Bill Clinton has booked a round of golf at Donald Trump's international links course at the Menie Estate.
Mr Clinton, who spent eight years in the White House from 1993 to 2001, will travel to the Aberdeenshire resort next summer to try out the north-east facility.
The news comes just 24 hours after Mr Trump confirmed his intention to build a second international course at the Balmedie site.
Mr Trump told the Press and Journal: "I have just spoken to Bill Clinton and he has told me he is going to be flying to Scotland next summer to play the course."
Despite being a Democrat, Mr Clinton is on friendly terms with the American billionaire, a staunch Republican, and admires his entrepreneurial spirit.
Mr Clinton recently said: "Donald Trump has been uncommonly nice to Hillary and me. I like him. The Trump people are great. And I love playing golf with him."
Figures reveal that the course has attracted some 10,000 bookings since it opened in July from more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Argentina, Ukraine, Japan and the US.
US citizens have made up the majority of visitors, arriving in significant numbers from Florida, New Jersey, New York, Alabama, North Carolina, Utah, Georgia, Maryland, Connecticut, Kentucky and Texas, with a flurry of bookings already confirmed for 2013.
Aberdeen and Grampian Chamber of Commerce and Scottish tourism chiefs have hailed the impact of the new facility on tourism and welcomed news that a second course is to be built in the near future.
- Donald Trump set to press ahead with second luxury golf course
- Trump defends windfarm objection: 'I am fighting for the benefit of Scotland'
- Donald Trump visits Aberdeen
People who read this story also read
- Cupcake hole-in-the-wall launched for sweet-toothed shoppers
- Aberdeen restaurant Musa supports musos with social media campaign
- New Aberdeen restaurant to create more than 40 jobs
- New Crown Street pub The Stag set to star in December opening
- Las Iguanas' lively Latin American eatery turns up heat in Aberdeen