A man has appeared in court charged with the rape of a young woman in Aberdeen.
William Fraser, 21, appeared at Aberdeen Sheriff Court on Friday, November 2, accused of abduction, assault and rape.
He made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody.
The 22-year-old woman was attacked at around 7.30am on Saturday, October 27, near shops on Bedford Avenue in the Powis area of the city.
Police said she had been left "injured and traumatised".
Grampian Police launched what they said was one of the largest recent investigations into the attack.
More than 130 officers went through thousands of hours of CCTV footage and took statements from 300 local residents.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to email@example.com or call us on 0141 300 3264.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Vigilante stabbed paedophile seven times after rape of child
- Staff perform citizen's arrest on man they thought was Lee Cyrus
- Teenager charged in connection with attack on 11-year-old guiser
- Two men left injured following attack outside city centre Burger King
- Police identify body found in River Spey as missing Aberdeen pensioner