A man has died after whilst diving off the coast of Orkney.
The 66-year-old man, who was believed to have been diving around one of the wrecks in Scapa Flow, died at the scene at around 11.35am on Monday.
It is understood the man had been diving at the wreck of the SMS Dresden.
Northern Constabulary said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
A police spokesman said: “The man is believed to be a foreign national.”
A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
View Man, 66, dies while diving in Scapa Flow at Orkney in a larger map
People who read this story also read
- 5500 geese in Orkney set to be culled by conservation group
- 'Fresh evidence' over Lockerbie bombing heard in secret court in Malta
- Potential £2.5m bill to reopen Union Terrace Gardens toilets
- Woman and pet dog injured in attack by Staffordshire bull terrier
- Stirling Albion official stands down over Rangers 'huns' slur