A 47-year-old man has been charged with raping a young child.
Paul O’Neill, from Lossiemouth in Moray, appeared at Elgin Sheriff Court on Monday.
A 37-year-old woman who was reported over the same inquiry was freed pending further investigation. She did not appear in court.
The alleged incidents are said to have taken place between December 1 last year and September 3, 2012.
O'Neill made no plea and was remanded in custody and is due to appear in court again on September 11.
People who read this story also read
- Library forced to close after someone defecates on floor twice
- Man appears in court over car collision that killed mother at beach
- Sheriff gives evidence as police officer accused of lying under oath
- Motorcyclist dies after suffering serious injuries in collision with car
- Hogmanay celebrations cancelled: No festivities planned for city