A man was treated in hospital following an "unprovoked" assault in Aberdeen on Wednesday afternoon.
The 55-year-old man was attacked in Holburn Street between 4.15pm and 4.30pm.
The victim was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where he was treated for head injuries.
Grampian Police said the male attacker was 18 to 22 years old, 5ft 6in tall, stocky build, had short blonde hair and was wearing a red or purple coloured top, dark denim jeans and trainers.
Investigating officer constable Lucy Cutsforth said: "We are appealing for anyone who witnessed this unprovoked assault, particularly persons who were waiting at the Bus Stop near to 23 Holburn Street, Aberdeen at that time."
Anyone with information can contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- 100 motorists caught speeding on city's dual carriageways in two hours
- 40 firefighters battling major blaze after sawdust catches fire at woodyard
- Newspaper jobs threatened at Aberdeen Journals as company outsource work
- Man killed girlfriend in crash after 'moment's lapse' in concentration
- Male stripper 'recklessly exposed himself at busy city restaurant'