Three of the UK's six fastest-speeding vehicles were caught on the Dundee to Aberdeen stretch of the A90.
Tayside Police said the maximum recorded speed was 149mph last year, 141mph in 2010 and 139mph in 2009.
The constabulary was one of only four police forces to prosecute drivers for doing more than 140mph in the past three years.
It was also one of 12 to issue summons for going at 130mph or above, according to data released under Freedom of Information rules.
The figures obtained by LV= car insurance also reveal the number of motorists caught speeding increased last year by 6% compared to 2010.
People who read this story also read
- Motorcyclist, 22, dies after collision with car at road junction
- Is this the picture that proves the Loch Ness monster really exists?
- Wind turbines planned off coast of Trump's golf course may be altered
- £1.4bn North Sea gas field project could create up to 4000 jobs
- Scotland's first female chief constable denies causing head-on crash