Two men have been taken to hospital after being assaulted in a late night attack in Aberdeen.
The men, aged 31 and 29, were punched “numerous times” in the head and face by two other men on Wednesday night.
Both victims sustained facial injuries and were taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary for treatment.
The incident occurred between 9.45pm and 9.55pm at the entrance of the lane leading from King Street to the main entrance of the city’s Morrisons supermarket
The men are described as being in their 20s, both around 5ft 9in, both of medium build, one wearing a white T-shirt and grey tracksuit-like trousers and the other wearing a blue T-shirt and dark-coloured shorts.
Constable Reid, investigating officer, said: "We are keen to trace anyone who may have witnessed this incident and can aid us in identifying those responsible."
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5700 or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Police anxious to trace 16-year-old girl missing in Aberdeenshire
- Woman accused of picking up four-year-old and throwing her at man
- Police officer 'drove into seven-year-old girl with marked car'
- Rapist assaulted university student at west end flat after night out
- Pedestrian had purse stolen as she lay on ground after car collision