A motorcyclist who died in a road crash in Aberdeenshire has been named by police.
Colin Wilson, 47, from the Stockethill area of Aberdeen, died at the scene following the accident on the A920 Wartle to Culsalmond/Colpy road.
The incident happened around 3.30pm on Tuesday.
The road was closed for more than three hours while a police accident team carried out an examination of the scene.
Police confirmed that no other vehicle was involved in the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Motorcyclist fighting for his life after collision with lorry
- Teenager who died after being knocked down by van is identified
- Tributes paid to 22-year-old construction worker who died following seizure
- Woman who sped past police at 100mph banned from road for 12 months
- Ten fisherman handed fines and confiscation orders worth almost £1.2m