A grandmother has died and her two grandchildren injured in a crash on the A90.
The 73-year-old died in hospital following the two-vehicle crash near Blackdog in Aberdeenshire on Sunday at about 3pm.
The woman's daughter and two granddaughters, aged eight and five, were also taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary but escaped serious injury.
Three men, aged between 22 and 23 who were travelling in the other car were also taken to hospital, one with potentially life-threatening injuries, while the other two had leg injuries.
The road was closed until around 9pm while an investigation into the crash was carried out.
People who read this story also read
- Young boy dies after being hit by a van on the outskirts of Aberdeen
- Search ends as body of 16-year-old boy swept out to sea is recovered
- Man in hospital with 'very serious injuries' after attempted murder
- Two arrested after 'disturbance’ leaves 45-year-old man in hospital
- Four people have ‘amazing’ escape after yachts drift towards shore