A 49-year-old man was seriously injured following an incident in Aberdeen.
Emergency services were called to Grandholm Court at around 5.20am on Monday and the man taken to hospital.
A Grampian Police spokesman said: "As a result of the incident, which happened at around 5.20am on Monday, a 49-year-old man was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with serious but non life-threatening injuries."
A 36-year-old man has been charged in connection with the incident. He is expected to appear at Aberdeen Sheriff Court on Wednesday.
People who read this story also read
- Plane heading to Aberdeen makes emergency landing in Newcastle
- Ten-year-old boy injured in two-vehicle crash on Aberdeenshire road
- More than £5000 worth of cannabis seized from house following disturbance
- 72-year-old butcher caused head-on crash by driving on wrong side of road
- Remains of two RAF airmen who died in Tornado jet crash recovered