The body of a woman in her 30s has been discovered in a flat in Aberdeen.
Grampian Police confirmed they had launched an investigation into the death and said they are currently treating it as “unexplained”.
The force has appealed for anyone who saw anything “suspicious” in the area to come forward.
Officers were called to the property on Park Road before 6am on Wednesday and the street has now been cordoned off.
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Martin Dunn said: “We are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death and those inquiries are at an early stage.
“The death is being treated as unexplained currently and we would appeal for anyone who saw anything suspicious in the early hours of Wednesday morning to contact us as soon as possible”
Park Road is currently closed off to traffic in both directions and is expected to remain closed for several hours as investigations continue. Police are advising drivers to use alternative routes.
Anyone with any information can contact police on 0845 600 5 700 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Village forced to cancel talent show auditions after receiving one entry
- Rare one-in-a-million white sparrow is captured on camera in Scotland
- Death of man in Aberdeenshire town 'not thought to be suspicious'
- Firefighters are called to tackle blaze in basement of city pub
- Letters to a child murderer: How a Scottish author has befriended Ian Brady