A school bus driver has been criticised for allowing a farmer’s forklift to recover his vehicle while children were still inside.
The incident, which is understood to have occurred in Fochabers, Moray earlier this month, came to light after footage was posted on online video site YouTube.
A passer-by is heard on the four-minute long video saying: "Everyone is still in the bus – that’s a bit dangerous."
The driver of the single-decker bus, operated by Deveron Coaches, has been given a final warning.
A spokesman for Moray Council said: “We became aware of the incident some time after it occurred and the driver – who it appears took a wrong turning and then attempted to reverse - has been issued with a final warning by the council, although he is not employed by us.
“Having seen the video footage we are satisfied there was no risk of the vehicle toppling and that there was no danger to any of the children.”
Deveron Coaches were unable to comment on the incident.
Watch the full video here.
People who read this story also read
- Torrential rain and thunderstorms set to flood parts of Scotland
- Woman attacked by two teenagers while out jogging in the evening
- 80-year-old woman charged over 'wrong way' incident on A90
- Fisherman severs two fingers while pulling nets aboard vessel
- Single police force 'will lead to job losses', warns Justice Secretary