An 80-year-old woman has been charged after reports of a car being driven the wrong way on a dual carriageway.
Motorists alerted police that a car was driving north on the southbound Aberdeen to Dundee A90 road on Wednesday at around 10.15am.
The driver was spotted in the Stracathro area, between Laurencekirk and Brechin.
A police spokeswoman said: "Tayside Police can confirm that an 80-year-old woman has been charged in connection with the incident."
"A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
No accidents or injuries were reported.
People who read this story also read
- Torrential rain and thunderstorms set to flood parts of Scotland
- Teacher accused of groping schoolgirl and lifting up her shirt
- School bus moved by farmer’s forklift while children were still inside
- Rottweiler bit police officer’s bottom after owner ordered attack
- Passenger dies in hospital after collision between two lorries on A9