Highland League champions Forres Mechanics have been drawn against Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the AJG Parcels North of Scotland Cup.
The draw made on Friday morning at the Caledonian Stadium pitched the two finalists into a second meeting at Mosset Park – the SPL side won the trophy last year following a seven-goal thriller at the same venue.
Also in the south section of the draw Lossiemouth will travel to Fort William – the sides will now meet twice in a week as the Coasters are due to travel against the same side in their opening Highland League match.
In the second round the winners of the Forres/Inverness clash will travel to face Strathspey Thistle, while winners of the Fort/Lossiemouth tie will take on Rothes or Nairn County away from home.
More About Forres Mechanics FC
- Disappointment for Rowley but insistent that his side will recover
- Keith overcome Forres challenge to overtake the Highland champions
- Experience boost for Lossie but at the loss of star man Archibald
- Mechanics frustration as their match is only Highland League call-off
- Training return for Lee Fraser puts a big smile back on Forres faces
- Missing stars the key to Forres' failure to compete at Station Park
- Forres fail to find the target as early goal clinches it for Nairn