A 12-year-old boy has been attacked by a man at a war memorial.
Police said the youngster was left with minor injuries to his face after the incident.
The attack took place at a war memorial in Fochabers, Moray, at around 8.10pm on Sunday.
The assault happened in the High Street area of the village, at the war memorial between the cricket pitch and the A96.
Police said the attacker was a man in his late 20s, around 5ft 10in and of broad build. He was slightly tanned with a dark moustache and was wearing a black hoodie, black leather jacket, jeans and silver trainers.
Anyone with information about the assault is urged to call police on 0845 600 5 700.
People who read this story also read
- Care worker who died at 28 ‘just went to bed and never woke up’
- Babysitter wiped party drug Meow Meow on six-year-old girl’s mouth
- Vandals set A90 speed camera on fire in early morning attack
- NHS Fife admits employee 'likely' revealed Gordon Brown's son's illness
- Police hunting sex attacker after woman is assaulted in town