Passengers are warned of rail delays in Aberdeenshire after a woman was hit by a train.
The incident happened on the track between Keith and Huntly just after 1pm.
The dead woman was understood to be in her 50s.
No one else was injured as a result of the incident although some passengers on the train were treated for shock.
The British Transport Police has said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.
ScotRail has confirmed a replacement bus service is running between Huntly and Keith.
People who read this story also read
- Two lorry drivers killed in collision closing A9 in both directions
- School pupils are rescued after dinghies capsize at beauty spot
- Dialysis patient who has suffered 14 heart attacks 'fit enough to work'
- 100 guests and staff struck down by norovirus at five-star Gleneagles Hotel
- Scots sailor disappears from a Royal Navy ship while docked in Dubai