A woman is in a serious condition in hospital after a crash in Peterhead in the early hours of this morning.
The accident happened just before 6am on the A90 Peterhead Hatton Road by the Peterhead power station.
The woman was travelling alone when her car left the road.
Grampian Police said she suffered serious arm and chest injuries in the crash.
Police investigations meant the road was closed for several hours after the accident.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is being urged to get in touch with Grampian Police.
People who read this story also read
- Woman, 20, charged after collision involving Grampian Police car
- Lemon Tree to open Amy Macdonald’s STV Appeal charity gigathon
- Traffic delayed as emergency services attend four-vehicle incident
- Investigation under way after man is found with serious head injuries
- Police appeal after ‘deliberate fire’ in Cornhill