Three babies have been taken to hospital after an outbreak of E.coli at an Aberdeenshire nursery.
A baby room at the Rose Lodge Nursery in Aboyne has been closed in connection with the bug.
NHS Grampian said infection control specialists were investigating three confirmed cases and six suspected cases of the bug.
One child was discharged from Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital on Friday.
The trust said its investigation into pinpointing the source of the bug was not focused solely on the nursery.
Around 40 children attend the nursery at any one time.
Julie Grant, the nursery’s owner, said: “Rose Lodge Nursery in Aboyne is currently working closely with the Health Protection Team and Environmental Health following the confirmation of E.coli 0157 affecting a small number of the children within the setting.
“We are following all the guidance issued by the Health Protection Team and Environmental Health and have taken the advice to close our baby room until further notice, excluding all children and staff associated with the unit.
“The nursery remains open to unaffected families over two years old.
“The nursery has a high standard of hygiene and rigorous infection control procedures, and the management of the nursery praise the professionalism of all the staff in their efforts to minimise the impact to all concerned.
“Our thoughts are with the children and families affected by the virus and we thank all our parents and staff for their support at this difficult time.”
An NHS Grampian spokeswoman added: "NHS Grampian’s Health Protection team is now investigating three confirmed and six suspected cases of E.coli O157 infection in children who attend Rose Lodge Nursery School in Aboyne.
"Of the three confirmed cases in children who were in hospital, one has been discharged today.
"NHS Grampian health protection team has contacted staff and parents/carers of all the children who attend Rose Lodge nursery and provided them with information about the ongoing investigation and the control measures that have been put in, and remain in place.
"The investigation is not confined to the nursery, whose staff are cooperating fully with the investigation. The Health protection team is continuing to work with Aberdeenshire Council’s Environmental Health team on identifying potential sources of exposure."
The spokeswoman offered additional advice for parents who are worried their child may have contracted the bacteria.
She said: “E.coli O157 are bacteria that are commonly carried in the gut of a variety of farm animals and can be found in their faeces. Careful hand washing can prevent infection arising after handling clothes and footwear that are dirty following outdoor play or work, handling animals or raw meat, and visiting the toilet. Untreated water supplies can also be a source of the bacteria. Careful hand washing before preparing or handling food, and thorough cooking can prevent infection being passed on through food.
“The symptoms of E.coli O157 infection include diarrhoea, which is sometimes bloody, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite and more rarely vomiting. The infection is very easily spread in households.
“As always, it is important that everyone maintains a good standard of hand hygiene as a matter of routine. If parents are concerned about the health of their children, please contact your GP or NHS24."