A motorcyclist has died in a morning crash with a car on a country road.
The man driving the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene of the smash on Wednesday.
He had collided with a car on an unclassified road in Thornley, Aberdeenshire, three to four miles south of the town Turriff.
The driver of the car was taken to Turriff Hospital after the collision occurred at around 6.30am.
Grampian Police confirmed they expect the road to remain closed for several hours as officers carry out an investigation into the crash.
The collision took place on the road near to where it joins the B9001, which connects Inverurie to the A97 Banff road.
People who read this story also read
- Motorcyclist taken to hospital with suspected broken leg after crash
- Heroin dealer murdered father after trying to sell him pepper
- Oil and gas company announces 500 new jobs in north east of Scotland
- Three people cut from wreckage by emergency services after road collision
- John Murray, 11th Duke of Atholl, dies in South African hospital