Firefighters were battling to free a woman after her car careered into a lamppost in a Highland village.
Emergency services were called to the scene on Main Street in Golspie at around 2.15pm on Monday.
The accident happened outside the Caberfeidh Hotel when the car hit the lamppost forcing the closure of the A9 in both directions.
A spokeswoman for the Highlands and Islands Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters are using cutting gear to try to remove the occupant.”
The A9 was also closed in Dunblane after a van fire at around 1.05pm. The road later reopened and no one was injured.
View Woman trapped in vehicle after car crashes into lamppost in village in a larger map
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to email@example.com or call us on 0141 300 3264.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who read this story also read
- Heavy traffic on A9 in Dunblane after firefighters tackle van fire
- Man is arrested after 17-year-old suffers serious leg injuries
- Police Scotland's first four Deputy Chief Constables appointed
- Body found in search for man missing from his home for a week
- Demolition of Savile’s Highland retreat should be ‘last resort’