A picture of a prisoner who escaped through the window of a court has been released as police continue to hunt for him.
Michael Davidson was having a meeting with his solicitor at Tain Sheriff Court in the Highlands after appearing before the court on Tuesday when he disappeared.
Following his escape police and court security searched the surrounding area as well as Invergordon but he could not be traced.
Northern Constabulary said he was not regarded as dangerous but advised members of the public not to approach him.
It is believed Davidson may be in the Wick area and police have asked members of the public to contact them immediately if he is spotted.
An investigation has been launched by court security firm G4S into how the man managed to escape.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 01349 882222.
People who read this story also read
- Pensioner dead after car collision involving six adults and three children
- Thousands of jobs in the firing line as Scotland's councils make cuts
- Former Rangers star Scott Nisbet to pay £2000 to man he injured with glass
- Teenager admits armed robbery which left shop worker 'shaking like a leaf'
- Driver who drove through town with man clinging to bonnet fails in appeal