A motorcyclist who was seriously injured in a road accident near Inverness has died in hospital.
Fergus Cooney, 41, was from the Helmsdale area in Caithness. He came off his motorbike in the one vehicle accident on the A9 near Daviot and was rushed to Raigmore Hospital.
A section of road was closed in both directions following the scene on Monday August 2.
Northern Constabulary's Road Policing Unit are carrying out a full road collision investigation.
More About A9 deaths
- Average speed cameras could be installed on 'Scotland’s deadliest road'
- Fuel spillage after crash between two cars and a lorry on A9
- Couple killed when Harley Davidson crashed on A9 bridge named
- Two killed as Harley-Davidson crashes on Highland bridge
- £3bn project for dualling of notorious A9 road takes step forward
- Lorry filled with cardboard catches fire and closes busy A9 road
- Two people injured after car and motorcycle in collision on A9