A hillwalker has died after slipping from a path on Ben Nevis and into a nearby river gully.
The man, who has not been named, was descending from the summit of the Munro at around 10pm on Friday.
He was taking the popular tourist route of the 4,409ft mountain when he slipped near a steep river gully and fell in.
Lochaber Mountain Rescue was called to the scene and a search was conducted.
The man was found by rescuers but he had sustained fatal injuries.
Northern Constabulary confirmed that a report was being prepared for the procurator fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Councillors gives green light to new Highland town for 10,000 people
- Average speed cameras could be installed on 'Scotland’s deadliest road'
- Hospital ward closed to new admissions after patients contract superbug
- Meteorite shower sparks frantic 999 calls over 'flares and plane crashes'
- Concern grows for missing 64-year-old not seen since Friday