A man has been reported missing after going on a fishing trip.
John William Scott, 59, left his home in Tain, Ross-shire at 8am on Thursday.
Mr Scott was going fishing on the River Averon in Alness but he has not been seen since.
A police search was launched on Thursday night and involved an RNLI lifeboat and a coastguard helicopter.
The search is continuing on Friday with police dogs hunting the riverbank area.
Mr Scott is described as 6ft 1in in height, of large build, with grey hair and a goatee beard.
Anyone with information on Mr Scott’s whereabouts is asked to contact Tain police station on 01349 882 222.
People who read this story also read
- Delivery lorry bursts into flames on A9 closing part of the road
- Man detained after woman dies in fall from multi-storey building
- As it happened: Scottish Football League clubs hold vote over Rangers newco
- Man taken to hospital after falling while climbing a Munro on Skye
- Clydesdale announces 145 job cuts as bank scales back operations