Police have issued a warning about a scam recruiting extras for a horror film they believe does not exist.
People have been emailed and asked to pay a £60 deposit after being "chosen" to star as an extra in the movie "Wood Evil", which is apparently being shot in Inchnacardoch Forest, near Fort Augustus in the Highlands.
Concerns were initially raised with tourism body VisitScotland, who contacted police.
Northern Constabulary and the Highland Film Commission say they have not been made aware of any proposed filming in the region and believe it to be a scam.
The force posted on its website: "Film companies would not ask for money from a potential extra.
"Police are advising anyone who is approached in such a manner not to pay any monies to the company and contact police with information."
Anyone with any concerns should contact police on 0845 600 5703 or Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Drink-driver broke neck in crash as she made her way home from party
- Diver airlifted to hospital after showing signs of the bends
- Donald Trump tees off controversial £100m golf course in Aberdeenshire
- Drug dealer sped at 130mph along A9 during police chase
- 'Culture of bullying' at police college being 'ignored by bosses'