People are being warned not to eat shellfish because of a rise in levels of a naturally-occurring toxin.
The algal toxins have occurred in the Kilbrannan Sound in Argyll and Bute.
Areas affected include Campbeltown Loch, Kildalloig Bay, Carradale Bay, Saddell Bay, Machrie Bay and Pirnmill.
Argyll and Bute Council have warned that eating shellfish such as cockles, mussels or razorfish from these areas may pose a risk to human health.
Notices have been put up to warn the public and casual gatherers about the risk, and commercial shellfish harvesters have been contacted by the council.
Harvesting will be postponed until algae levels subside.
A council spokesman said: "It is a sensible precaution to avoid eating shellfish from this area until further notice.
"Monitoring work is currently being undertaken by the council to evaluate this situation and when the situation subsides, the warning notes, etc, will be removed."
People who read this story also read
- Hillwalker found dead after search operation by mountain rescue team
- Aberdeen bypass appeal hearing under way at Supreme Court in London
- Three people taken to hospital after multiple car accident
- Man charged after fans pay £900 for fake T in the Park VIP passes
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash after bike careers off road