A woman was airlifted to hospital after her yacht crashed into rocks off the west coast.
The 32-year-old, who has not been named, was injured after the 80ft yacht hit rocks near the isle of Iona at 3.10pm on Wednesday.
An air ambulance was scrambled to the scene and took the injured woman to Glasgow's Southern General Hospital.
She is currently undergoing treatment at the hospital for spinal injuries, which are not said to be life-threatening.
A spokesman for Clyde Coastguard said: "We were called out to rescue a 32 year old woman who was washed against rocks while out sailing in the sands of Iona."
Another sailor on board the yacht was uninjured, the spokesman added.
People who read this story also read
- Woman dies and two other seriously injured after crash on rural road
- Motorcyclist dies and two seriously injured after two vehicle crash
- Three men injured in serious crash between motorcycle and car
- Dog put down after owner ignored ‘severely painful’ skin condition
- Major blaze near historic castle grounds reignites for third time