An elderly woman has died and two others injured after a crash on a rural road.
The A828 north of Oban closed as emergency services dealt with the accident.
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene near Creagan Inn on the road between Barcaldine and Appin at around 3.30pm on Wednesday.
They had to cut the casualties out of their vehicles before they could be treated.
A 75-year-old woman was airlifted by helicopter to hospital in Glasgow but has since died. Another person was taken to Paisley and is in a critical condition in hospital.
A third person is being treated at hospital in Oban.
Strathclyde Police are asking motorists to use other routes as an investigation into the crash gets under way.
View A828 crash scene in a larger map
People who read this story also read
- Motorcyclist dies and two seriously injured after two vehicle crash
- Three men injured in serious crash between motorcycle and car
- Woman airlifted to hospital after her yacht crashes onto rocks
- Crane collapses killing one worker in Glasgow city centre
- Major blaze near historic castle grounds reignites for third time