A 22-year-old man who was hit by a taxi and later died from his injuries in Edinburgh has been named.
Stuart Gillies, from Inverness, was knocked down on Old Dalkeith Road near the junction of Ferniehill Drive at 12.10am on Sunday.
A doctor who was passing at the time gave Mr Gillies medical treatment until the ambulance crew arrived.
A police spokesman said: "We are still trying to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident and are keen to hear from anyone who can assist with our enquiries.
"Motorists or pedestrians who remember seeing the man before the collision are asked to contact police immediately.”
Anyone with any information can contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131, or the charity Crimestoppers in confidence and complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Edinburgh Legionnaires' outbreak: 21 confirmed cases, 19 more suspected
- Motorcyclist, 26, is killed after colliding with tractor near farm
- Funeral of teenager who died after school ‘fight’ to be held
- Nephew attacked uncle with hammer after refusing to let him in house
- Man’s face and neck slashed in ‘violent’ knife attack