The body of a man has been recovered from the River Leven.
Police, coastguard, firefighters, mountain rescue teams and the RAF were sent to rescue Anthony Winton, 25, from the Glasgow area, who had fallen into the River Leven, at Kinlochleven, at around 1.30am.
His body was recovered from the river around ten hours later following an extensive search.
His next of kin have been informed.
A report is to be submitted to the procurator fiscal at Fort William.
People who read this story also read
- 35-year-old Scot dies after crashing in Northern Ireland motorcycle race
- Jealous boyfriend tried to kill suspected love rival with a sword
- Search for Glasgow man who was seen falling into River Leven
- Strathclyde Police officer charged with sectarian breach of the peace
- Man threatened with knife and robbed as he walked with friend