A 95-year-old woman has died after a fire at her house in West Lothian.
Crews were called to the home in Greenside, Torphichen, near Bathgate at around 7.30pm on Tuesday after the home caught fire.
The pensioner who lived in the terraced home was rescued from the flames but pronounced dead on the scene.
Neighbours were evacuated while six firefighters battled the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said an investigation will be carried into the cause of the fire.
Police Scotland said there are no suspicious circumstances and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
A spokeswoman for the force said: "Police in Bathgate responded to a fire at a flat in Greenside, Torphichen near Bathgate around 7.35pm yesterday. A 95-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene and a number of other residents were temporarily evacuated."
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Airline to connect Edinburgh to the Middle East for the first time
- Around 40 firefighters tackle large blaze at farm near Stirling
- Teenager charged with rape after woman attacked outside nightclub
- Blazing car extinguished by passerby after crash in city centre
- White Paper: MSPs asked to endorse the blueprint in Holyrood debate