A man who was sleeping rough underneath an Edinburgh bridge was arrested by police for carrying a crossbow and arrows, a court has heard.
Michael Jilicek, 26, was detained by officers at the Dean Bridge after a member of the public complained about his anti social behaviour on July 13 this year.
The city's sheriff court heard on Tuesday how when police found the Czech immigrant carrying the weapon and ammunition he told them that he used the items to "practice" shooting at targets.
The story emerged after Jilicek pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon charge before Sheriff Nigel Ross.
Sentence was deferred so that the court could obtain reports about the first offender's character.
He will be sentenced on September 24, 2013.
People who read this story also read
- Lawyer caused crash while overtaking and broke driver's neck
- Judge rules smaller bedrooms not liable for controversial 'bedroom tax'
- Ferry passenger believed to have fallen overboard named by police
- Former radio presenter had 'deviant sexual obsession' with young boys
- Appeal for help identifying man who died at Aberdeen Esplanade