A pensioner has been treated for burns to her hand after a microwave fire at a home in Midlothian.
Firefighters were called to the property at Glaskhill Terrace in Penicuik at around 7.25pm on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said a 74-year-old woman was treated at the scene for burns to her left hand.
She said: "Two crews from Penicuik and Midlothian attended the fire which was in a microwave. It was extinguished on arrival and an elderly woman was treated at the scene for burns."
She said no one else was injured in the incident.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.