Negotiators talked down a prisoner who has clambered on to the roof of a jail.
The man, in his early 20s, managed to get on to the roof at HMP Edinburgh at around 11.45am on Tuesday.
The Scottish Prison Service (SPS) called fire crews to help and got trained negotiators onto the scene.
A spokeswoman said on Tuesday afternoon: "The Scottish Prison Service can confirm that a male prisoner has climbed on to a low roof within HMP Edinburgh. Trained staff are dealing with him endeavouring to bring the incident to a safe conclusion."
A statement on Tuesday evening by the SPS said: "The incident which was ongoing at HMP Edinburgh earlier today has now concluded."
Lothian and Borders Police were also called to the incident but did not attend as it was being dealt with by the prison service.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to email@example.com or call us on 0131 200 8085.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Boy, 12, treated in hospital after attack by gang of teenagers
- Cupcake hole-in-the-wall launched for sweet-toothed shoppers
- Australian visitor died in the street after being stabbed in chest
- Scot who ran prostitution service in New York to be sentenced
- Murder victim tried to strangle accused in fight over a woman